Monday 4 July 2011

Happy June & Secret Post Club

If you want to make any month happy, the first thing you should do is sign up for The Secret Post Club.  Basically a group of bloggers (including me) gets paired up each month.  I'm not sure which I like more: getting a surprise present each month or discovering new blogs and cyber friends and sending them presents.

For June I drew Pants With Names to send a gift to.  I had looked at her blog before, so I was excited to send her a little package.  I didn't have the time or budget this month to do anything big, but I sent her the book "Random Acts of Heroic Love" by Danny Scheinmann.  I'd read it and enjoyed it, and it seemed like something she would enjoy as well.

Inspired by this blog post of hers, I decided to make her a CD as well.  I made sure to include "Jerusalem", and then worked from there.  (Dont' worry--the music is all legal.)  I ended up with a CD that I called "A Little Patriotic".

Here's the cover I made for it:


If you're interested, here's the playlist for it:

1. "Penny Lane", The Beatles
2. "Dublin Boys", Antje Duvekot
3. "Pastures New", Nickel Creek
4. "From the New World", Dvorak
5. "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing", Sufjan Stevens
6. "Landslide", Glee
7. "Life is Wonderful", Jason Mraz
8. "Dance Tonight", Paul McCartney
9. "Rule Britannia", the Rangers
10. "Pomp & Circumstance", Elgar
11. "Is This the World We Created?", Queen
12. "Mad World", Tears for Fears
13. "Independence Day", Ani DiFranco
14. "Nimrod", Elgar
15. "Morning Has Broken", Cat Stevens
16. "Made in England", Elton John
17. "Sleepytime in the Western World", Blitzen Trapper
18. "Come on Home", Indigo Girls
19. "Muddy Hymnal", Iron & Wine
20. "Homeward Bound", Simon & Garfunkel
21. "Jerusalem", Elgar

I'm looking forward to getting my Secret Post Club gift for the month...

No comments:

Post a Comment