Tuesday 4 May 2010

Fine Doodles!


A lot of people think that they have cool families. In my case, it's actually true. On my dad's side of the family, the family "business" is the CIA. I'm not even joking. On my mom's side of the family, pretty much everybody is an artist of some type: musicians, sculptors, etc. Pretty much everybody has the type of career that really is interesting, rather than the type of career where you politely mutter "oh, how interesting", and then try to get away as they start talking about how fascinating accounting is. (No offense to any accountants out there. I'm sure you're really interesting people.)

My cousin, Summer, is an artist and young mother who has started a very cool new company called Fine Doodles. Basically she recreates your child's drawing(s) into an amazing new painting. It's your kid's drawing, but turned into a piece of artwork that is beautiful, unique, and will last until your kid has kids of their own to admire their work. In short, the things are dang adorable. (The collage above is of kids' drawings and their re-imaginings as Fine Doodles.)

The really cool part is that I'm going to get one! The hard part is picking which drawing to choose. My house is overflowing with my childrens' artwork, and Miriam's pictures especially are really good. So I have to pick which picture to have transformed into a Fine Doodle. Maybe I'll put some options on here and see what everybody thinks...

To find out more about Fine Doodles, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment