Monday 4 April 2011

Mothering Sunday & Being Spoiled



One of my bouquets
 

Card Miriam made for me
  
I always get extra spoiled when it comes to Mother's Day.  The reason why is simple.  In the UK, Mothering Sunday is celebrated on a different day than Mother's Day in the States.  So I get not one, but two mother's days (although we usually put more emphasis on one than the other). 

Yesterday was Mothering Sunday, or Mother's Day, and I definitely got spoiled.  Jared and the girls got up early.  While I slept in, they cleaned the kitchen and cooked breakfast.  Then they brought me breakfast in bed, a whole stack of cards (I love the home-made ones from the girls), chocolates, and two flower arrangements.  They all piled into bed with me and we enjoyed croissants, juice, hot chocolate, and fresh melon together.  Both of the girls were very excited about Mother's Day and kept giving me hugs and kisses.

I had a really lovely day and felt very spoiled by all of them.

I hope all of you parents around the world who read my blog have a fantastic day for Mother's/Father's Day (no matter when you celebrate it).


Beautiful flowers & foliage from the garden


No comments:

Post a Comment