Monday 17 January 2011

Baking Biscotti


I have good memories with biscotti.  It's not something that I eat very often, but just tasting a crumb of biscotti is enough to bring back memories of rainy days in cafes or snugly winter days at home with hot chocolate.  When I was pregnant with my oldest daughter, I was would often go to a cafe after work and have a hot drink and biscotti.

This Christmas we made two types of biscotti: double chocolate almond biscotti and dried cranberry & white chocolate biscotti.  Although both were delicious, I think I actually preferred the cranberry biscotti.  I snacked on way too much of it over the holidays!  Although it does take awhile to make biscotti (you have to double bake it, for one thing), it's actually not hard to get the knack of it. 

Click here for my tips for making perfect biscotti.

If you put the biscotti in an air-tight container, it will keep for a couple of weeks without any problem.  For a simple and stylish Christmas gift, we put biscotti in jars and gave them away.

No comments:

Post a Comment