Wednesday 1 August 2012

Alton!!!

I'm hooked on the Food Network.  I think it's pretty obvious on this blog that I love food, and it's pretty common for Jared and I to put on the Food Network in the evening while working or relaxing.  So I was more than a little star struck when I had the opportunity to see Food Network star Alton Brown (Thanks mom!).

Alton spoke at the historic Tennessee Theater at the beginning of the 2012 International Biscuit Festival.  If you think listening to a Food Network star talk (not cook, not eat, just talk) for an evening sounds boring, think again.  Mr. Brown was witty, funny, entertaining, and the perfect amount of Southern.  I was thoroughly entertained and left wanting to divert my career into food writing (at least partially so that I could really be left on a first name version with Alton rather than just feeling like I know him).

The view from the first row of the balcony was fantastic, so I'm afraid that these video clips (taken on my phone) don't do it justice, but I wanted to share a few minutes from the night.

Video Clip #1 (of Alton Brown in Knoxville, TN at the Biscuit Festival)


Video Clip #2 (of Alton Brown in Knoxville, TN at the Biscuit Festival)

Click here to find out more about my evening with Alton Brown or Click here to visit Alton's official website.

No comments:

Post a Comment