Tuesday, 23 November 2010
Super Easy Dinner Idea
Sometimes you need a dinner idea that is quick and easy to make, but also warm and delicious. Here's a meal perfect for when you don't have a lot of time to prepare.
1. Roll out puff pastry onto a greased baking sheet. (I used pre-made and pre-rolled pastry, so all I had to do was pull it out of the box.)
2. Leaving a little room around the edges for a nice crust, cover the pastry with whatever toppings you want. We added chopped sun-dried tomatoes and cherry tomatoes, sliced mushrooms, and caramelized red onions.
3. Bake in pre-heated oven according to instructions for the pastry (usually about 15 minutes).
4. After removing from oven, add any extra toppings (we added rocket/arugula leaves and shredded mozzarella).
5. Serve hot and enjoy. We really liked it with a spinach side salad.
In unrelated topics, I'm excited for Thanksgiving. Pictures and recipes will--hopefully--be added soon.
Also, thank you so much to Ginger Bread House for sending me the book "Random Acts of Heroic Love." It arrived just in time for Remembrance Day.