Wednesday 24 February 2010

Planning Spring Planting

The snowdrops and crocuses are in full bloom in our garden, and it's been raining for three days straight. This can only mean one thing...spring is on the way! This is the time to start planting & preparing your garden.
.
We've been busy planning, preparing the vegetable patch and flower beds, buying seeds, and planting. They're very messy and you may or may not be able to read my handwriting, but I've scanned in a couple of pages from my notebook with the list of the things we have to plant and a rough sketch of the vegetable patch and how we're organizing it this year. Not everything goes in the vegetable patch, though--I'm sticking my artichokes in with my flowers in front of the house. This is the first time we've tried artichokes, and we have two varieties to plant, so I'm really excited about those. We're starting a lot of things off in little pots in the convervatory.
.
So for everybody else out there who's busy weeding and planting and so forth, good luck! Happy spring everybody!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment